emolene cream exerts a hydrating action that keeps the skin soft, supple and nourished. It contains urea and propylene glycol. It works as a humectant and keeps the skin moist, retaining its moisture levels and is useful in treating dry and very dry skin. Emolene cream is used to prevent dryness, flakiness, rash and itching. It also helps heal minor skin irritation, rash and roughness because of its ultra-moisturising properties. Hence, it finds application in the treatment of very dry skin, diaper rash, rash due to synthetic clothing and in healing skin burns resulting from radiotherapy.
- Before starting the medication, let your doctor know if you have any known allergy to propylene glycol.
- If you experience any unusual symptoms or allergic reactions whilst taking medicine, please
- discontinue the use and consult your doctor immediately.
- Inform your doctor in advance if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding before
- starting the medication.
- Limit or avoid alcohol intake while using this medicine to minimize interactions and occurrence of side effects.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
- Store in a cool, dry place, protected from moisture, heat, and direct sunlight.
How does Emolene cream work?
Emolene cream contains humectant and hydrating agents and functions as a potent moisturiser for the skin, keeping it soft, supple and treating any flakiness, itching or rash.
Can I take use Emolene cream for vaginal dryness?
Emolene cream is meant for external application only. It should not be used inside in the vagina.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and follow your usual dosage.
What EMOLENE is used for?
It is used as a moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations (e.g., diaper rash, skin burns from radiation therapy)
Talk to your doctor before using this medicine, if you:
- Are allergic to Propylene Glycol or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained by prescription or without a prescription
- Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you
- For external use only
If you use more EMOLENE
you use too much EMOLENE, contact your doctor at once
If you forget to use EMOLENE
If you forget to use it, apply it when you remember or use at the usual time the following day
Do not use a double dose to make up for a missed dose
If you stop using EMOLENE
Do not stop using EMOLENE unless your doctor tells you to
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Burning or itching sensation
- Skin irritation
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date
- Store at room temperature (15-25ºC)
|Generic Brand||Propylene glycol|
|Strength||15 Mg and 1.5 Mg|
|Treatment||Moisture and heals dry skin|
|Pack Size||1 Tube/s, 3 Tube/s, 6 Tube/s|